Javelin Venture Partners is an early stage fund that backs entrepreneurs building groundbreaking, disruptive new businesses. We move at a fast pace and invest actively in consumer web, mobile, marketplaces, business intelligence, digital health and enterprise software. We are seeking a full time associate to focus on analyzing potential investments, conducting due diligence, researching emerging technology sectors and generally helping to perform critical tasks in the venture investment process. Based in our SF office, this position offers a very rare opportunity to work in an emerging venture capital firm, learn the venture capital business and manage a variety of projects for the firm and its portfolio companies. We recently raised our fourth fund and have nearly $500m AUM, and are very active and involved investors. Our investments include innovative companies like Clutter, Fair, Famous, Kidpass, MasterClass, Niantic, Rinse, SmartAsset, Thanx, Thumbtack, and many others.
This job is ideal for entrepreneurs, product managers, tech operators, or individuals who have previously worked in VC. We view this role as having long term potential, with an opportunity to grow with the firm.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Research and present analyses on investment opportunities, including modeling of financial projections, cap tables, and outcome analysis
- Perform due diligence on entrepreneurs and their companies
- Source potential investments by networking in the start-up community
- Attend industry trade shows
- Monitor and assist existing portfolio companies
- Help Javelin with brand building and social media exposure
- Actively engage and voice their opinion, be controversial at times, not be afraid to take a stand, and build towards becoming a thought leader
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- MBA from top school preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in technology or media companies, preferably start-ups (tech/media oriented private equity deal experience okay)
- A good natured disposition and a great sense of humor
The role is based in our San Francisco office at 221 Main Street in San Francisco. Compensation will be market competitive and based on your prior experience level.
To apply, send your resume or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.