Javelin Venture Partners is an early stage fund that backs entrepreneurs building groundbreaking, disruptive new businesses. We move at a fast pace and invest actively in consumer web, mobile, marketplaces, business intelligence, digital health and enterprise software. We are seeking a full time associate to focus on analyzing potential investments, conducting due diligence, researching emerging technology sectors and generally helping to perform critical tasks in the venture investment process. Based in our SF office, this position offers a very rare opportunity to work in an emerging venture capital firm, learn the venture capital business and manage a variety of projects for the firm and its portfolio companies. We recently raised our fourth fund and have nearly $500m AUM, and are very active and involved investors. Our investments include innovative companies like Clutter, Fair, Famous, Kidpass, MasterClass, Niantic, Rinse, SmartAsset, Thanx, Thumbtack, and many others.
About the Role
We are seeking a Venture Analyst to focus on preparation of financial reports, analyze potential investments, conduct due diligence, research emerging technology sectors and generally help to perform critical tasks related to fund financial management. Based in our San Francisco office, this position offers a very rare opportunity to work in an emerging top venture capital firm, learn the venture business and manage a variety of projects for the firm.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Analysis of investment opportunities with presentations in both verbal and written form
- Perform due diligence on prospective investments and management teams
- Market landscape research and analysis of emerging trends and technologies
- Perform external reporting including quarterly and annual reports
- Prepare performance reporting and presentation materials for limited partner investors in the fund
Candidates should possess the following
- Strong analytical skills with strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in investment banking, management consulting or private investment management preferably in venture capital or private equity emerging growth
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree with major (preferred) or extensive coursework in accounting/finance
- Familiarity with venture finance terms and calculations a plus
- Infectious enthusiasm and a readiness to learn the venture capital industry at an accelerated pace
The role is based in our San Francisco office at 221 Main Street in San Francisco.
Compensation will be market appropriate.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.